1 year ago I tried to setup Windows SBS 2008 R2 server (pathetic lack of instructions make a simple job impossible) and setup my PC with the Computer Name NAME1.I am now trying to get the Windows SBS 2008 R2 server to work after 1 year of trauma with Microsoft products, so I went to Windows SBS 2008 R2 server, Windows SBS Console, Network, Computers, and see my old connection to my PC named NAME1.
In the worst case, any and every Net BIOS device on the network might report these same errors.
When I try to change my PC which is now NAME2 back to the correct and original NAME1 by going to Start, right click My Computer, Properties, Change settings, Change..., type in NAME1, OK, Windows Security asks for the name and password of an account with permission to rename this computer in the domain.
I type in superadmin account name and correct password.
(Think of it as a neighborhood watch where devices are noticing a problem down the street.
I just deployed a new computer and when I tried to join the domain I received the following error.
Click OK, and error comes up: Computer Name/Domain Changes The following error occurred attempting to rename the computer to "NAME1": The specified computer account could not be found.